Wednesday 5 March 2014

To be or Not to be

Just over a week ago, the world's biggest (once-dominant) bit coin exchange-Mt Gox collapsed while half a billion dollars of customers cryptocurrency are supposed stolen by some anonymous hackers on the internet. Afterwards, Mark Karpeles, Mt Gox's chief executive, declared that 'There was some weakness in the system, and the Bitcoins have disappeared. I apologise for causing trouble.'-the bit coins ecosystem has passed away. (The economist, 2014)

In my past posts, I tend to use some objective points to discuss whether bit coins can be a successfully financial system or they just a bubble in the future. In my first two posts, I shown some backgrounds about what is bit coins; when bit coins came in front of us; particularly how it works. Subsequently, in order to find some key agreements, I figured out the characteristics of bit coins. Based on these, it seems that there will be a revolution for our current financial system. In general, in terms of dual character, what I said is we should not be too excited and the potential problems always along with a emerging thing. I tried to explore the depth and widened my horizon, as a result, I read some literature so that I complained with myself referring to Gresham's Law.

So far, as the first paragraph I shown above, the latest news has let me down. With glancing some agreements on the internet (also from some of my friends), I wonder if the bit coins are total a evil. Like all the spectators are rational, I would like to say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. 

Bit coin is neither a angel nor a evil, we should have patience and let the bit coins do its work. To be honest, before I wrote this blog, I want to completely give a so-called 'reasonable point' on my topic. However, absolutely, I tried not to be such restricted that I should have said that bit coins is a undoubted evil and it dose seem to be a bubble. For human beings or for our financial system, in the course of advancement, every little changes may tend to be a brilliant idea; every try may make sense. 

To borrow Shakespeare's words, to be or not to be, it is a question. Let the market make its own decisions.The only thing we should do is that we need be patient and wait for the timing when bit coins would again possess rosy face.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment